Included With Every Website We Build
Our managed hosting is among the best in the industry. Your site is hosted on our private cloud servers that are restricted to only Premium Magic Network websites. Your website will be lightning fast, exceptionally secure and monitored 24/7. Managed hosting means you don’t have to worry about software and plugin updates, security patches, etc.
PREMIUM Hosting and MaintenanceHere's what we take care of for you
- SSL installed
- Daily Backups of database and files
- Backups stored onsite and offsite for extra protection
- Restore from backups tested regularly
- WordPress core & plugin updates
- WordPress theme updates
- Accident insurance (back in time feature*)
- Advanced firewall protection
- Regular security audits
- Server monitoring every 5 minutes
- URL monitoring every 15 minutes
- Daily checks of key roles
- GDPR protection and cookie feedback
- GDPR input form created for you
- Zero file footprint
- Improved Data Coverage
- Zero personal data upon deletion
- Key Email Protection
- Hosting on our dedicated private servers
- CDN implemented
- Limited number of sites per server
- Regularly tuned caching
- Code minification
- Image optimization
- Speed optimization
- Development and technical support
- Email and *phone support
- Dedicated account manager
- Monthly traffic and security reports
*Not included in the Essential Level Packages
Our Multi-Tier Approach to Security
We take security SERIOUSLY because your website is fundamental to your business.
- We employ multiple advanced solutions and firewalls to protect your site and, more importantly the server it resides on.
- We automatically take backups of your data, files and media every day and store them offsite.
- We use RAID 10 for all of our servers to minimize the damage a bad disk can cause.
In over 20 years of working with websites we have not lost any data due to hardware failure.
We start off with CloudFlare – not only do they make your website faster for everyone they also protect it from a wide range of online threats from spammers to SQL Injection to Distributed Denial of Service (DDOS) attacks.
3 Levels of Firewalls
Protecting your website also means protecting the servers your website is on. We employ three levels of firewall behind the protection that CloudFlare offers. In addition, we lock down every port that we possibly can and do not allow any password access to the server itself. We only use extended private key pairs and limit the external IP addresses that are even allowed to see your servers.
Plugin and Core File Updates
We regularly update the plugins and core files for your website. All too often we have seen new clients that have dozens of unfulfilled security patches. Left unfixed these patches represent one of the largest threats to your website’s security. Recently there was a massive issue with WordPress and over a course of five days the core version was changed four times. Even though this involved much more work, every single one of those patches was applied in less than 24 hours, until the issue was finally stabilized.
Updating plugins is key, but sometimes you make a mistake or a new plugin causes issues on your site and you need to be able to revert back to a previous release. We keep snapshots of every website, often for over 12 months, and can go back in time to a day when the plugin was working.
Advanced Password Security
The choice of passwords is probably the easiest way to compromise the security of your website which is why we employ advanced password checking algorithms such that you are forced to create a strong password from day one. Passwords like “abc” or “password” are not allowed. You will thank us when the other guys are hacked and you are still safe. For our Administration accounts we do not use passwords at all and instead employ a two-factor authentication scheme.
Back In Time Feature
Should your site ever become compromised, we have a Back In Time feature that allows us to roll the entire site, data and files to a previous time before the hack. This is often the best way of getting a site back to prime condition. Because we use RAID 10 for all of our disks it is unlikely we’ll lose data due to a bad disk. However, if it does happen we have daily backups offsite such that we can restore your site and have you running again within 24 hours.
What all of this technical stuff means is that you will not find a more secure web hosting environment anywhere near our price point.
SERIOUS ABOUT MAGIC?
In 1 conversation you will learn 3 ways to improve.